Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 6 in Nanchang






Today, we went to the Teng Weng Pavillion. It is one of the 5 major pavillions in China and is pretty amazing. It is similar in style to the buildings in the Forbidden City that we toured last Saturday in Beijing.

It is 6 stories tall and is very close to our hotel (about a 3 minute walk). I have included pictures of it below. We also saw a Chinese dance performance there today. It was neat, but very loud (need a new sound guy).

After the Pavillion, we just came back to the hotel and chilled for awhile. We did stop at a kite shop across the street from the hotel and looked at kites for Trey. He wants a "bird kite", like we saw at Tienanmen Square. They look like hawks flying overhead and are built very well. We will probably get one in Guangzhou.

We had Pizza Hut pizza for lunch and it was very similar to pizza in the US. Nice change from all the food we have had.

Tonight we ate at a restaurant a few blocks from the Hotel and it was great. Ordering is a challenge, none of the waitresses spoke any english and they broke out their phrase book. We do alot of pointing and sign language. Word of advice, the next thing they ask after you order steak is "how well you want it done", same as in the US! You just have no idea what they are asking and I know of know sign language that works for that.

For dad and anyone else interested in the weather............it sucks. It is about 50 degrees most days with no sun,................although I'm not sure you could see the sun anyway for the pollution. We all have raging coughs from breathing this foul air. We are just across a river from some really tall buildings, but you can't see them at all for the crap in the air. It is really amazing how polluted the air and water are here.

Trey and Dillon continue to attract attention. Trey went incognito at dinner tonight and wore a sock hat! They had people taking pictures with them at the Pavillion today. They have grudgingly accepted their celebrity!

Tomorrow we go to the countryside and to the porcelain areas.

See ya',
Terrell

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new pics of the FIVE of you together and of the boys with their sweet Coee. Trey and Dillon, we all knew that you would be awesome big brothers! Boy, sounds like a great time except for the pollution. Had you been warned of it? Let's see, now, which picture will now be my desktop picture . . . the sweet ones of the boys with Coee or the one of the five of you, ummmmm. This is the most important thing/decision I have today! HA! Daddy is here building shelves - I am "helping" him!

Meme said...

I thought we weren't going to get any pictures today. I am so glad we did. The picture with all of you is great. It sounds like Coee, Dillon and Trey are getting along great. I knew they would. She needs them and they are making her feel safe. Trey and Dillon I am so proud of you. You are both doing a good job as big brothers.
Have fun and enjoy your wonderful China adventure.
Love,
Meme

momopeggy said...

What agreat way to start my day!! I love the pictures of Trey and Dillon and Coee. Iam glad Miss Coee has decided that her Mother is going to be around for a while. I am still having trouble sending my comments hope this goes thru. Love to ALL of you mom-o

Unknown said...

Terrell if it makes you feel any better the weather here stinks too! Love the pictures. What a beautiful family. Dalton sure misses his buddies! Enjoy this time together.

Elizabeth

Mike said...

I certainly look forward to when you return home, but I will admit it is very exciting taking this trip with you. Very cold here and was sleeting when I came home this afternoon. Love you all and just continue to have a safe wonderful trip. You think I would get as much attention as Trey and Dillon, I know I shouldn't ask but just had too!

Love Granddaddy Mike